Monday, August 25, 2014

makeup review: one direction's midnight memories collection

I'm super excited to publish my first ever makeup review! I'm a little camera shy when it comes to recording, so hopefully these progress shots will suffice to illustrate how I achieved #thelook. The makeup kit I'm using is a limited edition set of products from One Direction's new makeup line called "The Looks Collection." Each makeup kit comes in a keepsake tin named after one of three albums: Up All Night, Take Me Home, and Midnight Memories. My palette features the boldest shades of the bunch -- dark and holographic shadows, deep rouge lipstick, fluorescent magenta gloss, and glittering gray nail polish. Together, they create a cosmetic ensemble fit for the craziest concert, wildest after party, or (if you're lucky) tour bus turn-up.

Check out the artistic direction I chose for my face!

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ 

First, I applied a base layer of foundation and filled in my brows to prep my 'facial canvas.' 

Next, I whipped out the mascara and loaded it on - top and bottom. Didn't expect it to do exactly what I wanted! Love a sweet surprise.

Then, the hard part. Lining my eye with a creamy kohl pencil. 

I chose a semi-pointed smoky blend over a traditional cat-eye. Specific shapes are easier to accomplish with liquid eyeliner, and the pencil works best when you gently rub it in. 

But now the FUN part - painting those lids with shimmering shades of eyeshadow.

I went aaaaall the way and used every color but the glittering peach... we'll save that hue for another day.

Glam time with "Best Song Ever"- the perfect shade of ruby red and a creamy quality texture.

Finally ready to rock n' roll... Zayn where you at when I'm lookin' this good????

And I gotta say it... THAT'S what makes me beautiful. Midnight Memories.

The Looks Collection is available all over America starting August 25th (today!) -- you can pick yours up at Macy's, Dillards, Lord & Taylor, Beauty Brands or Stage Stores. And if you choose another palette, like the electrifying "Up All Night" or girl-next-door-chic "Take Me Home," send me a pic. I'm curious to see what you do with your art!

Everything is infinite,


P.S. This post was powered by Brandbacker


  1. Reminds me of yung Bebe. Love this.

  2. I've just found your blog and I think it's really inspiring, it will be an honor for me if you can visit mine too, and if you want to follow, it will be a pleasure to follow you back! :) <3

    Fashion gets Fierce.

  3. You look great, very "femme fatale" ;)

    x Blanche