Saturday, November 20, 2010

PL▲†FORM COMB▲†▲N†

I recently sported a pair of 6-inch platform combat boots to the UNLV college campus where I tranquilly studied for most of the day. I would be lying if I said I wasn't trying to turn heads with these patent leather uber-shoes. The noisy clunkers are everything but pragmatic- they represent a culture and movement, not a choice to look even remotely prudent. While I swoon for their industrial aesthetic, it's their height that causes me to declare them my favorite shoes in the closet and universe. I'm extremely short- 5 foot 2 (158 cm) so I'm STILL under 6 feet while wearing these militant monstrosities. But that's so much better than what I'm used to. I paired the boots with all black articles and accessories to emphasize my doomsday theme.







FROM TOP TO BOTTOM:
Beanie- borrowed it from Travis
Leather jacket- Diesel
Necklaces- Juicy Couture & vintage
Jeans- Rock & Republic
Shoes- Hot Topic

I'm sure that most people don't consider 'Hot Topic' a place to seek style inspiration, especially since its recent inundation of Twilight and Taylor Swift t-shirts. I remember the days when they were known for these babies:


Rest in piss, Golden Age. Because peace and paradise are too mainstream.

Everything is infinite,

Bebe Zeva

9 comments:

  1. I hate to be the ultimate creeper. However:
    I. want. your. hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is not creepers!

    i love your platform!
    is it the same than rumi neely?
    alalalala you are fucking gorgeous!
    i want your face! ... please for christhmas XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those boots probably sound really cool. Can we get an audio file of how they sound?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello
    i am so impressed with your style and inspired i love it, im currently going through 'the block'. anyway I really like how you dont stick to a certain style, i myself dont either as i'm into costume but yeah i've done a feature on your witchy outfits so accept a whole lorra love soon
    peace x
    here you go: www.whambamfuckyouman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've got boots just like these... yeh they're a bit mad but also really fucking awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to design those kind of pants. Lol! I am really digging your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just bumped into your blog and I love it!
    I'm following!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great! Hope you'll join the giveaway on my blog?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bebe, I want to raid your closet someday in the non-creepy way. You have the coolest clothes.

    ReplyDelete