Tuesday, April 5, 2011

MY OTHER FISH VEST

I have a serious question: why does the fashion universe put such an emphasis on being 'all-business'? I actually feel angry thinking about how pressured people feel to dress in a way that exhibits how seriously they take aesthetics. I'm first to admit that I value classicism, but I likewise value the element of irony and gimmicks. I'm hoping that one of these days a celebrated designer of couture takes cues from someone like Jeremy Scott and weaves humor into their collection. On that note, here's my beloved secondhand fish vest, gifted to me from budding fashionisto Travis McFarland.







FROM TOP TO BOTTOM:
Vest- Secondhand
Shirt- Wildfox Couture, http://www.wildfoxcouture.com/
Shorts- Guess
Thigh-highs- DIY
Wedges- Jeffrey Campbell
Jewelry- Adri Law, Juicy Couture, Vintage

Fish vest aside, 1960s bedhead is my theme du jour.


Everything is infinite,

Bebe Zeva

18 comments:

  1. your outfit looks so great! amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the last photo ist gorgeous!

    http://itspixiedustbitch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. too cute! love the wedges!

    xoxo,

    insidelook19.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, this is soooo amazing! you look stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh, kinda love the fish vest. It's one of those 'tacky' pieces which sells in a thrift store for a couple of dollars because it's a print. When I visited NYC I specifically went on the hunt for prints & had this magical moment when I bumped into a well dressed stranger and we both had a mind flip and realized we were both searching for the same kind of stuff. I like that you paired it with all black. I'm gutted I can't distinguish some of the 'jewelz' but I think that's the point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have the most gorgeous hair & makeup! xo

    gypsyavenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amplify'd ^^
    http://claudelauderlis.amplify.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. bebe! I love your style and the way that you talk about the fashion- ypu analize it. But I have one wish..Please..show us yourself without this make up. I don't like it! I think zou can look prettier in more delicate make up. :) try it one time:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your outfit so much!! It's perfect!!! ;)
    Congrats for your blog, it's faboulous!

    http://themeaningoffashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, this is like the most amazing vest i've ever seen! you look great. x

    http://flash-delirium.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my I LOVE LOVE LOOOVE this look!! You never cease to amaze me, Bebe :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the knee highs! Did you make those yourself? If so...please share how it's done! This look is marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, the fishes!! So awesome! I ADORE your style and I just found out you're only 17!!! Boy I feel so boring and old haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute and quirky! I think you're the only person that can pull this off! :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just saw that you track full of features to make an effect for eyeliner false lashes, I had already seen it on twiggy! is the most beautiful effect!

    it's a pity you do not respond to your comments, it makes you inaccessible!

    x0x0

    http://izumihiiiflower.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete