Tuesday, July 10, 2012

PEACH ELEPHANT

My mom and I mostly agree on all things fashion, but she can be really nit-picky about things like fabric, construction, and color scheme. I'm one of those people who thinks anyone can wear whatever color they want, and having to dress for your body type is too much work. Although I do admit that I occasionally pass on garments that make me look stout or pregnant or shapeless, for the most part, if I like it, I'll wear it. My mom is the total opposite... even if she loves an article of clothing, she won't wear it if it doesn't flatter her figure. Apparently, peach isn't my color because it washes me out, and industrial gray makes my sister's hair look 'too red.' Well ya know what, Mom. Yolo. That's what. I adore this sleeveless peach blouse no matter how yucky it makes my skin tone look in comparison. It has elephants all over it!!!! And a lace-trimmed collar! It's a tween dream come true. And I think that's pretty darn peachy.









FROM TOP TO BOTTOM:
Hat - Arden B
Peach hair clip - H&M
Elephant blouse - YES STYLE
Corduroy skirt - Secondhand
Socks - ROMWE
Wedges - Jeffrey Campbell

July. Gross. Heat wave. Muggy. This typically Spring ensemble is a saccharine departure from the desert highs. I'm talkin' peach iced tea. Pop music. Pastel hair clips. Petal collars, pleated corduroy, crochet socks, tortoiseshell. Shit so cute I'm gonna have to offset the sweetness with black lipstick and biker boots tomorrow like a morning after detox. Twee detox. Tweetox. If you see that on a coffee mug three years from now, you know where it came from. Or even a measly Urban Dictionary dot com entry. If someone, somewhere decides to one day show appreciation for my clever blog commentary and market that slogan... don't forget it was MY genius! Mine! *blows nose into a tissue and weeps softly evermore* 

Everything is infinite,

Bebe Zeva

33 comments:

  1. Those elephants are way too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that skirt! x

    http://fashionoblivion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. that top is so cute, really love it!

    http://studsanddreams.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Yesstyle and this shirt is really cute on you! I really like the color with your skin tone! xx Pip

    http://easyoutfitsbypip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. the shirt is cute and I like the way you combine it with the white skirt:)

    www.rambutan18.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice hat a lip color!

    http://thatstyleriot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the colour looks nice on you,I have very pale skin but this doesn t have to mean I can t wear white.
    Overall I like the outfit,It s so fresh and girly ;)

    http://rightrough.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elephant peaches girl, elephant peaches.
    xoxo
    Remy

    mydailythreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are such a doll and this is beautiful xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this!! Your skirt is awesome! Your top is really pretty too. I agree with what you're saying though. I don't think there is a right body for a certain article of clothing and people should just wear whatever they want! I think fashion is more about expression and having fun than trying to look "good."

    Love your blog!
    xx Eva
    stylewandering.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous outfit! its so sweet and girly, the top is super cute! you can get away with anything and everything its unfair, no matter what you put on its awesome!

    Hayley xx
    www.addictionstoshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really lovely summery outfit! I adore the skirt and the socks/Jeffrey Campbells ensemble
    xx

    p-perfectpleasures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful as always! How long do you spend doin your make up? its so unique and beautiful!

    -eelsay

    www.theluxuryrehab.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol. Love your blog! - even though I've been following it for approximately a week. Also, I'm going to come and steal that blouse from you. I'm sorry but it's just too awesome for me not to own.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mama dont know what she is talkin about because you look good!

    www.lovecharliej.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That elephant blouse is ridiculously awesome. I look at it and generally cry tear of wishful fashionlust.

    anni-dot-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm always afraid to wear colors that are too similar to my skin tone but I recently bought a super cute gold dress that I'm going to stop worrying about and wear anyway. It looks cute on a hanger and I'll make it look cute on me. I think you just have to know how to balance it out with other items of clothing so you don't get lost in it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love ur skirt =)

    gizemizmirli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like your outfit. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can you please send some of that sunshine over to the UK! It's July and we are having the rain rain rain, thunder, and more rain! It's supposed to be our summer!!!

    http://lovehatenostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the make up looks great with the outfit overall a great look very well styled

    MsStreep

    ReplyDelete
  22. gorgeus! i love your dress! your make up was unique, and you are so pretty!

    fashiononthefloor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like this look! I don't think you look washed out. TWERK IT...then tweetox!

    ReplyDelete
  24. pero que estilaxo ,me encanta este post :)he creado un blog hace poco si quieres pasate besitos desde http://thefashionmylife.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amazing!I love it!You look pretty good with romantic and girly outfits!:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your top, that's such an interesting print.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Would you like to give a gift for that beautiful woman.? Look to Pantheia for Look Pretty, Feel Pretty, Be Pretty get more informatioin about us pantheia

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice tutorial. Thanks for sharing the valuable information. it’s really helpful. Who want to learn this blog most helpful. Keep sharing on updated tutorials…
    House Renovations in Bermondsey

    ReplyDelete