Saturday, March 16, 2013

GALAXY SQUARED

So, sometimes this funny but also weird thing happens when you're shopping on a wholesale website -- you buy an item with a logo screen printed on it, you have no idea where the logo comes from and neither does the retailer from whom you purchased the garment, you wear it out and someone recognizes the logo and gets excited thinking you're "in" on it, whatever it is, but you're not, you just bought the frickin' shirt because it LOOKS COOL, and then you have to explain where your shirt comes from and "oh that's really awesome how you know what the graphic means!" but internally "GOD I FEEL REALLY PRETENTIOUS WEARING THIS RIGHT NOW." I'm going on this dumb rant because it actually happened to me, wearing this galaxy print sweater I found on OASAP. "Rotting Out" just seems like an extremely.. Tumblrwave design... especially when superimposed over space print. But, no, actually it's the name of a hardcore band I don't listen to. So I have three options here: 1) listen to Rotting Out (the band) and continue wearing the sweater, 2) don't listen to Rotting Out and don't wear the sweater, 3) don't listen to Rotting Out and continue wearing the sweater and risk someone discovering that I am branding with an artist I don't even like. Or maybe I could listen to Rotting Out and never wear the sweater because I respect the DIY scene enough to buy merch straight from the artists themselves. THESE ARE CHOICES.



FROM TOP TO BOTTOM:

Turtleneck - American Apparel
Rotting Out knockoff sweater - OASAP (you can support the band by buying their actual merchandise HERE)
Galaxy print leggings - MAD LADY
White blouse - ROMWE
"Space Wedge Sneakers" - DAILY LOOK

With the turtleneck, I think this outfit has a cheerleader-esque vibe. But since I'm donning pants and not pleats, it's a cheerleader vibe of the male variety, which I do NOT see as often as I'd like. Male cheerleaders are tight as shit. Let's cool it with the heteronormative masculinity standards for five minutes and encourage our dude friends to get in touch with their sassy, theatrical sides. RA RA: not just for teen girls.

One more thing: GALAXY PRINT IN 2013???? I'M SO LATE I'M EARLY. PIONEER OF POST-IRONY RIGHT HERE, FOLKS. THANK YOU AND NO AUTOGRAPHS PLEASE.

Everything is infinite,

Bebe Zeva

19 comments:

  1. I adore this style...sooo nice...

    http://thinkpinkdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah Bebe your brilliant. Not only do I follow your blog for your fashion-brilliance, but your humour is top notch.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your writing so much! The outfit is out of this world.


    www.FashionSnag.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. They also stole the logo from Thrasher Mag.

    I'd say dump it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking gorgeous as always!

    Ps: I would like to invite you to my 1st giveaway. Hope you'll drop by :)

    Win a Daniel Welling watch (value $199) on my blog:


    www.freshminhtea.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look out of this world. Pun intended.



    New Outfit Post: Personal Style Blog By ORR

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you should listen to the band and keep wearing it! It would be a shame to hide it away because its awesome!
    margief
    x
    www.stonethemoon.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. obsessed with your blog and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH wow i love your style
    http://shradhaloves.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. what happened to your face eughhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is literally the ugliest fucking outfit ever, it's bad and you should feel bad

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look a bit older in these pictures :o Please don't say it's drugs...
    The galaxy pants are cool though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should ease a bit on the makeup. You would look a lot prettier without all of that on your face..

    ReplyDelete