Thursday, March 14, 2013

J'AWWDORE

Today I'm debuting a peice from Awwdore, an online retailer that specializes in retro-inspired apparel (and offers free worldwide shipping, which any vetted online shopper knows is a luxury). I don't normally wear white because its sterile, absent hue and unforgiving purity make me nervous... and supposedly it's not a slimming color. (Jk.) But this look actually couldn't have coalesced more beautifully than in monochrome. The subtle, flowery flourishes on the top's chiffon sleeves afford my top half just enough warmth to escape uniform austerity. Which definitely appeals to me... but not today. Today I invite romance. And nothing says romance quite like a fur vest and floral print.



FROM TOP TO BOTTOM:

Sunglasses - 80s Purple
Faux fur vest - BOOHOO
"Love Floral Puffs Blouse" - AWWDORE
White blouse skirt - Sugarlips
Wedges - Nine West

I'm not actually wearing a skirt -- it's my Sugarlips "Venetian Concierto blouse" wound twice around my waist! Since the top features an (unfortunately titled) 'pussybow' ribbon, I tied the sleeves around my waist once and fastened a bow with the ribbon over my hips, creating two neat little knots that look like a draping skirt. If you can't afford to shop for a staple piece -- get creative with what you already have! More often that not, altering your wardrobe won't involve even a stitch of sewing. 

Also, I realize that this outfit fundamentally represents something completely opposite of who I am or how I actually behave. It's neat, it's clean, it's pure in its ivory monochrome and romantic with its floral accents. Ironically, I'm messy and reckless, I rarely brush my hair and haven't touched up my dark roots in months, I sin more than once in a blue moon and I'm cynical to the core. But I read Victor Hugo's poetry to sort of... mellow out the corrosive spirit 'within'. And an all-white ensemble helps, too. Maybe the most honest element of this outfit is the fact that I have only have one acrylic nail still intact. The rest must have fallen off while I was arm-wrestling kitchen staff at the country club.

Everything is infinite,

Bebe Zeva

33 comments:

  1. U look fabulous!

    I would like to invite you to join www.STARPIQ.com

    where u can share your beautiful looks and get more visitors for your blog.


    Have a great evening,

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous outfit!

    Hayley xx
    www.addictionstoshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing look!!!

    http://www.loveandstuds.it/

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look gorgeous!
    gawd i LOVE the whole look
    www.lamodemm.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, love your writing and thank you for not having perfect nails! I don't know how people do it all the time having their nails perfectly painted with no chips or whatever. I could never do it. I really like the outfit even if it's different from your usual style.

    www.FashionSnag.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ❤❤❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this outfit so much, you're right is different to what you've been wearing recently, and different to how you come across in your writing, but actually I suspect deep down you're a real softie! I know you've been through some heart break in the last couple of months, but I'm sure that soon the romantic touches that used to shine through in your outfits a lot more will be back and you'll be as happy as you were before le garcon broke your heart. one day everything's gonna be ok, you and you gorgeous indie flick hubby will be swanning round on road trips every month, promise!

    Pip x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That white fur is so stunning! Loves it

    http://www.stefanystrange.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this whole look!
    http://shradhaloves.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look absolutely amazing!!!

    Holly
    fashi0nrealist.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome look !

    http://freaky-giraffe.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so gorgeous in these photos! Lovely outfit as always. x x x

    seeking--serendipity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful outfit!

    Emma x
    http://beautyandrags.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your style if you look like today! Very cute and stylish. P.S. Brown hair were better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My nails will be forever chipped. Our recent outfit is the exact opposite, but still the same style of monochrome. Great thugs think alike.

    -Your BBY THUG AlexisSplash

    deaslikeyourfame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the look, but I don't think it's very pure. You put so much of your style into it with the pattern, the necklaces and the tied blouse that it's definitely a varied outfit :)

    Spark&Bark

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing look...Fantastic!!!

    http://thinkpinkdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. completely opposite of who you are ?... hum not convinced, think it over a little bit more!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Romantic indeed!

    -Keithlane
    http://TheStyleShot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This blouse looks so pretty on you and it looks so good with the white faux fur vest! Seriously, good look! xx Pip

    http://easyoutfitsbypip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I so love your style! and how you do your make up <3

    http://ohmaybeauty.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the way you're able to layer and mix to many pieces to create one look. So creative! I love your style, so inspirational! And I agree, usually, I stay away from white, but sometimes it brings something totally different to an outfit.

    Style Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your hair is cute in this

    http://theundersized.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really like this outfit! The fur vest is gorgeous. You should wear more outfits like this. You look beautiful here!

    ReplyDelete