Monday, March 18, 2013

HOMEBODY

If someone who didn't know anything about me were to observe my life from the outside for one week, they'd assume that I'm an introvert. I don't socialize very often and spend most of my time in one room, doing anything that doesn't involve the interaction or attention with/of another person. Reading, writing, listening to music -- solo tasks, personalized thrills. But, strangely, my lifestyle isn't a reflection of my preferences. It's a reflection of my circumstances. I can't find any reason not to keep to myself, even though I would so so so much rather be out and about. What conversations are even worth having? What event is even worth the time and effort of leaving the house to attend? And what party is - well, actually, there are no parties. Maybe these are just the pitfalls of living in a city built for indulgent tourists, not artists or academics or real human beings in general. People who aren't here to shove money down the throat of a machine and sleep in a hotel. The Myers-Briggs test renders inaccurate results every time I take it to figure out my personality type, probably because it asks questions about what I'm *actually* doing instead of what I WANT to be doing. Just because I'm 'most likely' to be home alone on a Friday night doesn't mean that's my preference... it just means I wasn't invited anywhere. Whichever personality type is the one that whines the most is definitely mine. I'm neither introverted nor extroverted, I'm just "brat"!!!!!! ;~)



FROM TOP TO BOTTOM:

Fur cap - My Belle Fare
Batwing top - Zara
"Daria hi-low skirt" - GYPSY WARRIOR
Bag - CHICWISH
Boots - YES STYLE

Took these photos in my bedroom while the afternoon light streamed through a window. Looks very peaceful and warm here. I'm wearing another piece from Gypsy Warrior - this time it's a hi-low leopard skirt. When I first saw it, I was intimidated by how trendy it looked. It's cut in that asymmetrical shape I've seen on so many maxis these past two years. And it's printed! But it turned out to be an insanely practical piece. I pair it with all black and it becomes my statement. Tights or leggings underneath give it a more calculated, layered, almost 'brooding' vibe. It's perfect. A good look for actually leaving the house... or just lounging. All day.

Everything is infinite,

Bebe Zeva

23 comments:

  1. love this outfit!! think im defintly the whiner type also lol!!

    http://myheadandwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am exactly the same way. Something really good has to be happening to make me leave the house, otherwise I only leave to exercise.

    www.FashionSnag.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god that always happens to me!! I'm a fairly extroverted person, but because I'm surrounded by a bunch of uncritical, misogynistic people for the majority of the year, I never go out and socialize with them. Such is small-town life -____-

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!! I completely understand/relate to the same homebody tendencies just as you described; unenthused in real life. Though, I admit that I am quite an introvert and reserved in nature.

    As for your style, completely in love. You are too precious!

    ♡ Dulce

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, YES, i missed this room behind and witchy climate <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous outfit i love it! I also sit in all the time and would prefer to be out but i enjoy my own time :)

    Hayley xx
    www.addictionstoshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. black and leopard print...perfect combo!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such great style! I love your hat and the leopard print!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like something from an ancient folktale. Fortune-teller chic. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the whole pants with skirt look. This is an awesome laid back but still attentive outfit! Ihope that made sense lol

    ~Jess

    jessandadorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can totally relate because I live in an area where everything closes by like 8 or 9 PM. I want to go out and have an adventure, but there's nobody to go with so I just stay home and go online or play games instead. I love your hair though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the whole look
    Especially the whole layering
    http://shradhaloves.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I own a leopard dress that looks like your skirt, gave me inspiration to dig it out again :)

    I'm so happy to be born in Berlin, I live in a city with 1000+ places that I love, there's always something cool to do and things to discover :) And most of the people are the opposite of your description!
    Hopefully you sort that out soon. Why don't you move to Berlin haha ;D??

    Spark&Bark

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love love love this post, I completely relate! Gorgeous look as always!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so beautiful and cinematic..
    Astrid from http://theweeklystyler.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm the same but sometimes I wonder if people are best off alone

    ReplyDelete
  17. you're so beautiful!
    love the thousand of necklaces

    ReplyDelete
  18. what does your bracelet say? :o

    ReplyDelete