Thursday, August 2, 2012

FORTYOUNCE AND POTION

Sometimes the perfect outfit comes together like a potion; one part x, two parts y, a touch of z. The potion varies per theme – obviously an outfit inspired by the season 3 cast of Bret Michael’s show Rock of Love will follow a wildly different formula than one inspired by Jane Birkin or Anna Karina. Goes without saying that I don’t really believe in formulas at all; the best outfits are, though calculated in their deliberate themes, spontaneous and recklessly expressive. But that doesn’t mean inventing some general rules for yourself in creating a sartorial winner is a bad thing. It can give you some much needed direction on days when you wake up and don’t feel like yourself. Also, pinpointing small details that give you a boost of confidence is a great way to identify your signature style and never lose sight of your fashion forte. For me, fundamental outfit elements include velvet, bindis, and platform shoes .Definitely helps that someone who wears robes and rhinestones looks like the type to mix a potion. Nothing out of character here! Makes me wish I integrated more magic props. 











FROM TOP TO BOTTOM:

Beanie – H&M
Sunglasses – Romwe
Lipstick – Glamour 101 by Lime Crime
Velvet robe – Frederick’s of Hollywood
Makeup shirt – FORTYOUNCE
Velvet leggings – ROMWE
Wedges – Santee Alley in Downtown LA

My awesome top is from Fortyounce – an online store and lifestyle brand that features shirts designed by independent artists and musicians. One of my favorite collaborators with Fortyounce is a guy named Unouomedude who makes lo-fi rock music reminiscent of Wavves, Thee Oh Sees, and Surfer Blood. He even did a full album of theme song covers from 90s TV shows like Pepper Ann and Lizzie McGuire! Enough said. He’s sincerely one of my favorite people to have ever walked this Earth. I feel like a real swan when I tote my Fortyounce/Unouomedude triangle canvas bag to and from the gym… I’ll show you how snazzy it looks it my next post showcasing the brand! 

Everything is infinite,

Bebe Zeva

30 comments:

  1. Dear god, I love your pants. I think I just cried a little looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply fabulous! Love this a lot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I just LOVE those pants! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. duckface bleeeeeeeeeeh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this outfit so much, as always you look so cool! The velvet trousers, just omg and I love your beanie/bindi combo! Fortyounce looks like such a great shop, can't wait for the showcase post!

    Pip x

    PS - Not sure whether the anon above is being sarcastic or just rude (difficult to tell over the internet) but I'm guessing rude, in which case just ignore them because you're the coolset gal ever, k? ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was actually looking for a cool top and Fortyounce seems to have interesting pieces.i like the cape as well and how you put all those pieces together,indeed the best outfits come spontaneously ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Velvet leggings! Such a necessity! Even though I live in a tropical climate, I just love fall/winter clothing so much!

    xo Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really feeling the velvet leggings, velvet really is making a come back

    www.deejayspeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg I looooove those velvet pants !
    http://www.style-oh-livia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your velvet leggings! I wish romwe still had them, maybe closer to winter...

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love that pants!

    check out my DIY blog!
    http://fashiononthefloor.blogspot.com/

    xo
    Rizka

    ReplyDelete
  13. that`s a stunning outfit and I love the leggins:)

    www.rambutan18.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so perfect! These trousers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. sorry but I'm not really one for velvet... but you totally rock it! I wish I could pull off velvet like you can!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the sunglasses and the makeup, but velvet pants are not for me sorry. x

    Bianca,
    editor of My Fashion Lust List

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Bebe! I just found your blog and I love it! You have really exciting style, I can't wait to see more :) -Ezi
    ikintoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your red pouting lips! I definitely got to try that lipstick. Maybe it would look good on me as it looks good on you!Great blog you got here!

    ReplyDelete
  19. nice tee-shirt. I love your blog.

    http://www.agirlinhershoes.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  20. cool outfit! you are looking pretty awesome aswell :) as always!

    Hayley xx
    www.addictionstoshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Everything about this is perfect, your hair looks stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the velvet leggings!

    x

    http://velvetaddict.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete