Monday, August 6, 2012

BRAIN OVER BRONZE

Months ago, I wore this outfit to a spontaneous dinner outing with my bestie Spencer (who later moved to Los Angeles... sad stuff). It was an incredible night. I remember having been trapped at home for two weeks, recovering from surgery and desperate to re-enter the scene, when one night on Facebook chat, Spencer asked if I was up for Noodle Asia. Rhetorical question! The answer is always DUH. I headed over to the Venetian pronto, where amid hordes of tourists, Spencer appeared wearing an outfit almost identical to mine in color scheme. We were decked out in our bronze, brass, and black best. For him, a gorgeous metallic button-up matched with a golden Chanel chain over a vintage tie. For me, a lace bronze dress with gold chains seeping from the collar. Perfect evening ensembles, but little did we know that we'd be wearing them till 9 AM the next morning, when we eventually parted ways. That's how me and Spencer have always rolled... long, drawn out dinners followed by hours of idle chatter at Caesar's Palace while watching the distant sun rise from the haze of the Sierra Nevada.











FROM TOP TO BOTTOM:
Bowler hat - ROMWE
Metallic sunglasses - 80s Purple
Bronze dress - ROMWE
Boots - Zigi, Karmaloop

April and May were two of the best months of my life, and I am anxious to recapture the thrills that met me then. It's so important to have a healthy social and physical routine -- I was in my best shape when I exercised every day of the week and made a conscious effort to surround myself with people who made me laugh and think. I find that it's also therapeutic to let yourself be alone. There's no guilt in not seeing and being seen all the time! I used to believe that living in Vegas meant I was missing out on so much that was going on in Los Angeles. But now I realize that living in Vegas, where there isn't a competitive club kid scene and glamorous entertainment industry, is actually a privilege. I have the advantage of respite between fast-paced weekends of partying in Hollywood. When the going gets tough, I get to go home. Sleep in my warm bed, away from the social hierarchies and gossip. There's something so serene about a city without a scene. Visitors come and go from all around the world, implanting their own stories into the hollow architecture. There's no local rules or cultures or lifestyles. There's only a grid of streets and places, an infrastructure, a glittering playground where anybody can build their tale. And me? I, too, get to invent my own meaning, but from the comfort of my bedroom. Just a light in a building that sparkles in the horizon.

Everything is infinite,

Bebe Zeva

18 comments:

  1. Sounds perfect, almost makes me miss the west coast.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your looks so much! you're able to wear any thing under the sky YOUR WAY. Love from Singapore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The outfit is lovely, but what I really liked in this post were your words about your city and your friend. I had a holiday in Las Vegas four years ago, after reading this post I'd really like to come back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look anazing! I looove these photos!

    suvimariliis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos. I feel the same I love to surround myself with people with positive attitudes, I also need to get back to excersising all the time it also gives you a healthy mind. Your stunning xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous look stunning shoes! i want them soooo badly :D

    Hayley xx
    www.addictionstoshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love the way you write!
    The outfit is perfection too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful outfit and a great read. Fabulous Bebe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always have the most amazing way with words! Not to mention gorgeous outfits!

    http://quirkyaesthetics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this dress, the bronze looks lovely against the black :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the outfit! and HELL YEAH,I lived in Vegas for 2 yrs and loved it,very unpretentious..I am going to be visiting in December and it is going to be a blast,I always have a good time there:) vain319.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful dress. Vegas sounds like an interesting place to live. I don't deal well with all that social hierarchy crap either. I've lived in New England my whole life though, we don't have too much as far as scenes go xD Not as far as I can tell at least

    ReplyDelete
  13. so amazing!! Love everything about this look!

    www.closetvoyage.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol your so poetic... I dig it!


    www.littleballoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful!
    xoxo



    New post: http://valefashionmeow.blogspot.it/2012/08/news-in-my-closet.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. girl U ROOOCK! new reader here.

    ReplyDelete