Tuesday, August 21, 2012

RETRO LUXE

People have a tendency to assume that anyone who consistently puts an effort into their appearance doesn't afford themselves the opportunity to relax. I passionately disagree, and this outfit is physical evidence. It IS possible to wear an ensemble as elaborate and eye-catching as it is comfortable. Exhibit A: slouchy pants. Y'all need to invest in a pair of these. It's hardly even an investment! I tried on a pair of $450 sweatpants at Chanel a couple weeks ago but (duh) couldn't justify the price; these cotton slacks are twice as comfortable at least 90% cheaper. No need to break the bank for loungewear. Exhibit B: loafers. Isn't this one obvious?? Not every day is a heel day! Nor does it have to be. A pair of glossy flats like these from Pink and Pepper will practically massage your soles in comparison to the pinch of a pointed-toe stiletto. And they look JUST as sophisticated. Give yourself a little wiggle room in the wardrobe department. Literally.



FROM TOP TO BOTTOM:

Bowler hat - ROMWE
Sunglasses - 80s Purple
Gold chain mini necklace - VANESSA MOONEY
Large black and gold chain - Chanel
Striped blazer - YES STYLE
Pants - YES STYLE
Loafers - PINK & PEPPER
Bag - Miu Miu

These photos are a bit grainy because they were the first set I took with my *complicated* new SLR camera. I'm STILL trying to figure out the best manual setting for the lighting conditions in my room. Looks like my ISO was a bit too high in these photos... you sneaky light meter, you! It's kinda cool doe, gives it an old-timey, film feel. ANEH WEH, this outfit was inspired by silhouettes of the 1980s and an early 1990s urban attitude. I’ve got my sharp shoulder pads for avant dimension and gold chains for a classic hip hop element. Combine it with red lipstick and a bowler hat and you’ve got retro leisure swathed in vintage luxury! Gettin’ comfy with it. 

I'm at MAGIC today, so if you're in Vegas for the tradeshow, shoot me a tweet and we can arrange a meet-up! Look for a lady in orange, red, faux fur, and the best pair of Irregular Choice heels you've ever seen.

Everything is infinite,

Bebe Zeva

30 comments:

  1. I love this outfit choice, like normal you have styled it amazingly. I especially love your lipstick!

    Georgie
    xoxo

    styleprincessdiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does remind me of the 80s: the shape of the pants, the jacket, even the necklace... it's very classy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only feel relaxed then I'm dressed to impress.

    / Avy
    http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com



    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stripped jacket! You always look amazing!

    www.theluxuryrehab.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit is so fancy,in a good way.

    http://rightrough.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your style fits you perfectly! :)
    Merrybellyland777.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. in love with that bag!

    http://studsanddreams.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the blazer! And all the gold accents!

    www.lovecharliej.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with everything you said above about appearance. Also gets on my nerves: assumptions that I take a lot longer to get ready than I genuinely do. It doesn't take me four hours!

    Lovely blazer!

    Morag x
    moadore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. fine bag \!!

    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blazer! x

    http://that-bird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOWWOWWOWWOWWOW!
    Super lovely blog, i really like you style, it's kinda inspiring(:
    And your hair is just like.. also wow*-*

    ReplyDelete
  13. i adore this outfit! so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the shoulders on your jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect styling - lovely striking outfit =)

    katarina x

    thechicfairy.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. No doubt, this is one of my favorite looks!
    a bit defferent (i think flats give this illusion) but still this look is all about Bebe Zeva <333

    ReplyDelete
  17. My love for dramatic shoulders, gold and loafers meet in this outfit, you're so gorgeous that I can't even. *-*

    Haru
    wonderlandharu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look amazing! I love the blazer, such a great shape :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this look!! Love every single items in this outfit, simple stunning. And I agree that we can still be comfy while looking fashionable. There's also a lot of ways to do that.

    http://www.wear2day.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. saw your blog just now.. and im lovin' the shades. where'd you get 'em?
    love your outfit.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow this outfit is awesome!!! i love it so much, dont get me wrong but your lips are pretty amazing ;)

    xoxo
    http://karollynsworld.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because i love all your looks and your blog, i gave u The Beautiful Blogger Award ;)) check this out : http://karollynsworld.wordpress.com/2012/08/22/beautiful-blogger-award/
      xoxo

      Delete
  22. Wonderful, I just LOVE your style and your blog, just amazing! Go on!

    Come visit my original fashion blog here: http://malam-paris.blogspot.fr/

    Cheers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your version of 'laid back.' Very chic :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. gorgeous outfit you look super sophisticated and comfy ;) lol

    Hayley xx
    www.addictionstoshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hyped this on look book! I love the shape of the shoulders.

    -- Sarah
    www.sassyriot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. i am in love with your style! everything about this outfit looks so good together



    http://shopaholicoverhere.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete