Monday, December 31, 2012

1993

LAST POST OF 2012 SO WHAT BETTER WAY TO HONOR THE OCCASION THAN WITH AN OUTFIT HOMAGE TO THE DECADE IN WHICH I WAS BORN?!?! I'm repping '93 and the golden age of grunge. Surely the concept of a superficial fashion post about the aesthetic elements of an anti-corporate movement comes across as irritating and ironic to 90s OG's, but since I'm already pretty progressive, I think I can get away with this one. ;-) I went with the most classic vintage (or vintage look-a-like) pieces in my wardrobe to capture the essence of a generation that survived on garage rock and microwaveable burritos. My greatest accessory: a sticker-coated Walkman and Pavement cassette in tow.



FROM TOP TO BOTTOM:

Sunglasses - Buffalo Exchange
Tattoo choker - Cobrashop
Guitar pick necklace - Gift from my friend Leigh Alexander, my #1 90s style advisor
Cargo aviator coat - Chicwish
Calvin Klein crop top - Vintage from Shoppalu
Plaid shirt - Ralph Lauren
Denim circle skirt - Chicwish
Skechers boots - Buffalo Exchange

There's a million and one other sartorial ways to do the 90s justice. Crew neck sweaters with a single navy stripe across the chest, paired with Dr. Martens and light-wash boot cut jeans. Middle-parted brown bowl cuts for the dudes, pixie 'dos with maroon lipstick for the chicks. Inspiration is endless. What's even crazier is that the next generation will look back at us, pioneers of fashion in our own respect, and admire the styles we take for granted in 2012. Here's to 2013 -- savor every trend, relish your youth, adore the present like it's a page out of tomorrow's cherished history textbook (or nostalgic Tumblr reblog in the future of URL). Doesn't always feel like it when it's happening, but maybe your golden age is right now. So respect the shit out of it. It's a concept as obvious as it is underappreciated... so make a change and take advantage! You never know.

Everything is infinite,

Bebe Zeva

26 comments:

  1. madly in love with those boots

    -em x

    http://www.unicornrevolution.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing looks ! I unfortunately wasn't born in that area, my sunglasses were in the pink shade and I was obsessed with Hilary Duff and Britney Spears, I wore crop tops all the time !

    I really love your style ! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look to the boots to everything yayyyyy to the 90s

    http://etantmoi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always look so cool; wish I had enough confidence to pull off the 90s revival. Those boots are so amazing too!
    Have a great NY!

    http://brightanddandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome outfit!!

    Hayley xx
    www.addictionstoshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the jacket :)
    Merrybellyland777.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. god damn u got me jonesin for a pair of sketchers boots

    qntrl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy,new year!!!
    Love your blog so much....
    Great hair in this pic;)

    You are a gorgeous Inspiration for me.
    Love MiKu

    www.mikufashion.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  9. absolutely adore the boots and the sunglasses. have a happy new year btw! xx

    Jos
    www.bloomingflame.com
    lookbook.nu

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing!

    www.dutch-eva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous! I love your hair! xx

    http://kimsophi.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your parka! happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet look, love the boots and coat :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holla to the kids of '93! Killer boots!

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah, repping for 90s bitches everywhere! Best generation ;P Looking tres cool as always. Happy new year :)

    www.goldinthewater.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  16. This hair is so working for you!! I didn't check your blog for a week or so, I was happily shocked when I saw the blonde transition!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your just too cool, definitely one of my biggest fashion icons. I absolutely love your blog Bebe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. If you’d ask me the outfit is still chic! Way back, I was madly in love with that jacket and I would still love to wear it. And yeah, we didn’t have an Ipod but we had the walkman. Evolution, eh?

    Cheers!

    Joel Salmon

    ReplyDelete
  19. Microsoft's new Windows 8 running process windows 7 ultimate full version has offered greater than 100 million copies given that launch in October, but revenue of recent tablets and PCs managing the software, and its very own Area tablet, have not been as solid as it hoped. An up to date variation known as Home windows 8.1 is scheduled for release later buy windows 8 pro pack on this 12 months.

    ReplyDelete
  20. don't do that to your eyebrows. Instead of being beautiful (as you appear to be) you look like a drag queen..

    ReplyDelete
  21. It’s the new season… and as the fashion cycle takes its turn, I really loved this list of the most interesting, wearable trends and i think i have spotted at the Lakme Fashion Week Winter/ Festive 2018

    ReplyDelete