Monday, December 10, 2012

SUGARLIPS DAY 3: BLACKOUT

I've recently "gotten into" gothic minimalism popularized by designers like Gareth Pugh, Thomas Tait, Ann Demeulemeester, and Rick Owens (omg Rick Owens). Occasionally Riccardo Tisci, too, will get it right in the dark department; I'm especially a fan of his F/W 2011 collection for Givenchy and admit to owning a couple knockoffs in that unmistakable panther print. I'm not sure what it is about ominously unaccessorized black fabrics and anomic silhouettes that is so attractive to me during this transitional winter phase. What I love about a monochrome ensemble with unconventional and almost industrial motifs is that it carries the heavy essence of a silent intimidation. Makes you wonder: what kind of person wears a shapeless shirt-dress with a baseball cap? The veil of anonymity is maintained with an aesthetic as powerfully dark as this one. Questions WILL be asked, none will be answered. And today, that's how I like it.



FROM TOP TO BOTTOM:

Spiked cap - ROMWE
"BLACK DAHLIA DRESS" - SUGARLIPS
Spike necklace - MAD LADY
Cross necklace - RINGS AND TINGS

Spike bag - THIS IS TRANSITION
Boots - UNIF HELLBOUNDS

The gorgeous-in-a-scary-way shirt dress is from Sugarlips, with whom I'll be collaborating every day till Wednesday! You can expect a few more solid days of this good stuff. And in between posts, you can shop my selection on the Sugarlips' Blogger Picks page! (I encourage you to actually click on that link, if only just to admire the awesome gradient graphic the Sugarlips team made with my image.) Anyway. Yeah. Dress. Er, shirt. Long-thing-with-sick-pyramid-studs-around-the-collar. Too complicated? This is how the site describes it: Look dark and mysterious in this long sleeve black chiffon shirt dress with triangle gold studs on the collar tips. Pair it with sheer thigh highs and black platforms to complete the look. Black is still the new black right? Couldn't have said it better, y'all. Check it here. 

Everything is infinite,


Bebe Zeva

11 comments:

  1. Perfect outfit. I love the dress so much!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so mysterious Bebe, I love it!

    http://thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing. Those shoes are killer! xx

    seeking--serendipity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wtf is wrong with your eyebrows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This! So much this. I've been wondering what the deal with the super thick and dark eyebrow thing is too. It's....odd.

      Delete
    2. Yeah it's pretty odd indeed. It's like she starts to wear more and more make up every day. Her lips are drawn far outside the outlines of her lips, and in combination with her eyebrows and her extremely black eyes.. it's a little too much. I liked her appearance way more one year ago. Not because she needs to be pretty according to the standards of how a woman should look like, because I'm not a fan of that either, but because back then she had an aura of beauty, creativity and innoscence in still an extremely asskicking way. Now she almost scares me to death, even though I'm a goth and darkness is my world.

      Delete
  5. nice look! too much make up though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the hellbounds


    http://georginagoodman.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG
    i love all the items of the look!!!

    http://lornea.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete